Medical malpractice Attorney
Medical malpractice litigation
When the trust you place in your doctors or other healthcare providers is broken by negligence or sub-standard care, the consequences can be devastating. The victims of such carelessness face not only physical pain but long-term or even permanent disability and damaged quality of life. Often, it is not only the patient but his or her loved ones and dependents that suffer as a result. If you have been the victim of medical malpractice you need attorneys that will ensure your rights are protected and you are compensated for the hardship you endure.
The lawyers at Jezic & Moyse, LLC are experienced civil litigators who consult expert physicians to provide inexpensive initial consultations about the merits of any potential case. We have achieved excellent results for clients who are the victims of medical negligence.
Attorney David Moyse was part of a team of lawyers who successfully obtained a high six-figure settlement for a client who had been the victim of a faulty eye surgery. Andrew Jezic has participated in many successful malpractice lawsuits.
We will provide a free, initial consultation, including a detailed review of any medical records provided.
We will then consult with an expert physician who will provide prompt reviews of the entire medical file. If there is merit to a case, we will file the necessary court papers in anticipation of a law suit. Depending on the county where the suit is filed, we hope to begin aggressive depositions of the various witnesses, nurses, lab technicians, doctors, etc., within a few months. From that point, we will be planning for a comprehensive presentation to a jury about our claims of medical negligence and injuries suffered.
If you believe that you may have been a victim of medical malpractice, the following are some pointers to aid us in deciding whether there is a viable claim:
- Ask your doctor or any subsequent doctor, in a diplomatic manner, repeated questions about the suspected malpractice.
- Ask attending nurses about their opinion about what happened.
- Immediately after such a conversation with a doctor or nurse, take detailed notes about everything said.
- Put in a request for your medical records at the relevant medical institution or office.
Common types of medical malpractice
The term medical malpractice is a blanket term that covers a wide variety of errors a physician could make. However, some mistakes are more common than others, and are more likely to result in lawsuits. Here are the most common types of medical malpractice we see at our firm:
- Failure to diagnose: Failing to diagnose an illness that a competent doctor should be able to reasonably diagnose can result in a malpractice suit. This is especially true when the diagnosis could have lead to a better outcome for the patient.
- Misdiagnosis: Misdiagnosing is diagnosing a patient with a different illness, and treating them for the different illness. This can result in a lawsuit when the actual illness goes untreated, and as a result, further damage is done to the patient.
- Improper Treatment: Improper treatment occurs when a physician uses a treatment option that a competent doctor would not recommend, and the treatment fails to treat the illness/causes further harm to the patient.
How we can help
At Jezic & Moyse, LLC, our Maryland Medical Malpractice attorneys will ensure your rights are protected and you are compensated for the hardship you endure.
Call us 8am - Midnight Weekdays
9 am to 9 pm Weekends
Or fill out the form to receive a free and confidential consultation.