Personal Injury Attorney
With over 20 years as an attorney, James Hoffmann brings a tremendous amount of experience to the large personal injury practice he maintains at Jezic & Moyse. Mr. Hoffmann aggressively pursues just compensation for the victims of negligent drivers. He understands the devastating, life-changing damage that can result from an accident. He fights hard to get his clients reimbursement for medical expenses and compensation for the pain and suffering, lost wages, and inconvenience that an accident can cause.
Mr. Hoffmann also spent six years working for a large insurance company. Because of Mr. Hoffmann’s inside experience, he has firsthand knowledge as to how insurance companies value claims that are made against them; and he also has special expertise to plan effective strategies to maximize his clients’ recoveries.
Mr. Hoffmann is known for his tenacity and aggressiveness. Recent examples of Mr. Hoffmann’s success include the following:
- Since 2019, Mr. Hoffmann has obtained settlements and verdicts totaling over $8.5 million on behalf of his clients. He routinely forces insurance companies to pay their maximum policy limits to settle cases.
- In October 2021, Mr. Hoffmann got a verdict of $400,000.00 for his client who had been beaten by a professional boxer.
- In a recent jury trial, Mr. Hoffmann obtained a combined jury verdict of $600,000.00 in favor of three Spanish-speaking clients who had been injured in a car accident. Mr. Hoffmann communicated his clients' case so effectively that the jury awarded more than ELEVEN TIMES the insurance company’s settlement offer. Furthermore, the insurance company paid in full, plus interest, even though the verdict more than doubled the policy limits.
- In October 2022, Mr. Hoffmann got his client a $175,000.00 verdict after a jury trial in Montgomery County relating to a motor vehicle crash.
- Mr. Hoffmann recently settled a restaurant slip-and-fall case without bringing suit for a total of $165,000.00.
Mr. Hoffmann is a self-taught Spanish-speaker and represents both Spanish-speaking and English-speaking clients.
Mr. Hoffmann graduated with honors from the University of Maryland School of Law, ranked in the top 4% of his graduating class. He earned many awards for academic excellence, including Order of the Coif; American Jurisprudence Awards for Domestic Relations, Contracts, and Commercial Paper; and Judge Morton P. Fisher Memorial Prizes for Estate & Gift Taxation and Income Taxation.
Mr. Hoffmann is an active member of the bars of Maryland and the District of Columbia. He is a member of the Maryland Association for Justice; the Trial Lawyers Association of Metropolitan Washington D.C.; the Montgomery County Bar Association; and the Anne Arundel Bar Association.
Mr. Hoffmann and his amazing wife Rochelle live in Severna Park. They have two sons – Andy, a mechanical engineer, and Kyle, an aspiring physical therapist.
Mr. Hoffmann can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Mr. James Hoffman helped me through a very difficult time. He is a very reliable and attentive attorney. I highly recommend him." - Anna Bolanos
“In 2019, James Hoffmann, an attorney with the Jezic and Moyse law firm successfully fought on my behalf when I was driven by ambulance to the hospital from a rear collision by two different car drivers whose auto insurance companies were unwilling to cover my car's damages or my physical injuries after both of their cars destroyed the rear end of my car.
My gratefulness is Mr. Hoffmann negotiated my needs diligently with the help of his cordial multilingual paralegal staff. My recommendation is to use the Jezic and Moyse firm for your legal requirements.” - Francis Mackey Jr