Thomas C. Morrow
OF COUNSEL TO JEZIC & MOYSE, LLC
Thomas C. Morrow served as a prosecutor in Baltimore County, Maryland; Dade County, Florida; and the Criminal Investigation Division of the Maryland Attorney General's Office, before entering private practice. As a private attorney, he has been active as both a criminal defense attorney and civil litigator, handling over 2,500 criminal and civil cases, including over 250 jury trials.
In addition to his substantial criminal experience Tom has spent many years defending health care providers in medical malpractice cases. Tom has also represented numerous health care providers in professional discipline and credentialing matters.
Recent Criminal Cases
Case No. 5013
NOT GUILTY VERDICT BY JURY IN LESS THAN 20 MINUTES-UNLAWFUL VIDEO SURVEILLANCE: Client, a gym teacher, was accused of placing a hidden camera in a storage room used by teachers to pump breast milk. Teacher testified camera was for purposes of identifying students stealing from the room.
Case No. 2013
NOT GUILTY VERDICT BY JUDGE-ASSAULT: Client was a high school teacher who ordered a student to proceed to the office when the student refused to remove gum. Student alleged that teacher pushed him to the floor without provocation. Teacher testified that student threatened him with a knife and he reacted in self-defense.
Case No. 4013
NOT GUILTY VERDICT BY JUDGE-ASSAULT: Client was a high school art teacher involved in altercation with a 15 year-old female student. The student alleged that she was attacked and thrown to a table by the teacher. Teacher denied allegations alleging that he was attacked by the student.
Case No. 5010
HUNG JURY, CASE DISMISSED-SEXUAL ABUSE OF A MINOR: Client was ROTC instructor accused of having sex with student, charged with sex abuse of a minor. Client denied conduct. Defense attacked DNA evidence and jury was unable to reach a verdict. State elected not to retry case.
Case No. 8009
NOT GUILTY VERDICT BY JURY-SEXUAL ABUSE OF A MINOR: Client, a counselor at a group home for juvenile offenders, was accused of engaging in a sexual relationship with a resident of the home. Client alleged that she has been sexually assaulted by the resident and had not reported it due to shame and concern for consequences.
Case No. 7009
NOT GUILTY VERDICT BY JUDGE-ASSAULT: Client was instructor in an automotive technology class. Two students alleged that client had assaulted them for disciplinary reasons. Defendant denied allegations and presented character witnesses.
Case No. 4006
NOT GUILTY VERDICT BY JURY AFTER LESS THAN TEN MINUTES OF DELIBERATION-SEXUAL ABUSE OF A MINOR: Client was a middle school special education teacher. Student alleges that client improperly touched her during class. Teacher denied allegations and presented character testimony.
Case No. 0800
NOT GUILTY VERDICT BY JURY-SEXUAL ABUSE OF A MINOR: Client was a high school teacher. Student alleged she came into his classroom after school during which he pushed her into a closet and improperly touched her.
Case No. 4153
NOT GUILTY VERDICT BY JUDGE-4TH° SEX OFFENSE: Client, a 50 year old optometrist, charged with sexually touching patient during eye examination. Judge entered not guilty verdict after hearing testimony and argument of counsel.
Areas of Practice
- 50% Medical Malpractice Defense
- 35% Criminal Defense
- 15% Professional Discipline Defender
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Maryland, 1975
- Florida, 1975
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida, 1980
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1979
- U.S. Supreme Court
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland
- J.D. cum laude - 1975
- University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio
- B.A. - 1971
- Major: Political Science
- Criminal Law Chapter, Practice Manual for the Maryland Lawyer (MICPEL 2005-2008; MSBA 2012)
- Editor, Criminal Practice and Procedure in the District Court (MICPEL 2006)
- Maryland State Education Association
- Maryland Institute for the Continuing Professional Education of Lawyers(MICPEL), Lecturer
- Authored Publications on Trial Practice and Procedure for MICPEL, Lecturer
- History of Western Law, University of Baltimore, 1985 - 1986
- Criminal Practice, MSBA, 2012
- Nuts and Bolts of Practicing Law in Maryland, 1991-2010, Maryland Institute for Continuing Professional Education of Lawyers, Inc.
- Criminal Practice & Procedure: Winning in District Court, 2006-2010, Maryland Institute for Continuing Professional Education of Lawyers, Inc.
- Law Seminars, Inc., "The Litigation Process", 1987, 1999
- Maryland State Bar Association, "Trial By Jury", 1986-1992
- Lecturer, University of Baltimore, Graduate Program in Jurisprudence, 1987
- Lecturer, Essex Community College, Criminal Justice Program, 1978
- Faculty Advisor, National College of District Attorneys, University of Houston Law School, 1977
Honors and Awards
- Selected to Super Lawyers
- Lexis/Nexis Highest Peer Review Rating, 1985-Present
- Who's Who in American Law, 1984-85 Edition
- Heuisler Honor Society, Law School, 1975
- Outstanding Advocate Award, Law School, 1974
- American Jurisprudence Award for Excellence in Appellate Advocacy, 1974
- Who's Who in American Colleges and Universities, 1974-75 Edition
- Regional Champion, National Finalist, National Moot Court Competition, 1973
- Honor Code Judge, Law School, 1972-1973; Chief Judge, 1973-74
- Alice M. House Prize in Debate, U. of Cincinnati, 1970 and 1971
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Maryland State Bar Association, Member
- Maryland Criminal Defense Attorneys Association, Member of Board of Directors, 1985 - Present
- Maryland Program for Mediator Excellence, 2011 - Present
- American Board of Trial Advocacy, 2011 - Present
- National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Baltimore County Bar Association, Speakers Committee
- Baltimore County Chamber of Commerce Leadership Program
- Baltimore County Substance Abuse Advisory Council, Chair, 1990-2000, 1984 - 2000
- Police Assistance and Relief Fund, Inc., Board of Directors, 1988-1996, Chair 1990-1994
- Greater Baltimore Medical Center Foundation, Board of Directors, 1990 - 1996
Past Employment Positions
- McCarthy, Winkelman & Morrow, LLP, Criminal Defense, Plaintiff Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury 2011-2012
- Shaw, Morrow & Joseph, P.A. (fka Shaw & Morrow, P.A.) Criminal Defense and Medical Malpractice Defense, 1999-2011, 2012-Present
- Law Offices of Thomas Campbell Morrow, P.A. Criminal Defense and General Litigation, 1996-1999
- Morrow & Hassani, P.A. Criminal Defense and General Litigation, 1987-1996
- Weinberg and Green, Litigation Partner, 1980-1987
- Assistant State Attorney, Dade County, Florida, 1979-1980
- Assistant Attorney General-Maryland, Criminal Investigations Div., 1978-1979
- Assistant State's Attorney, Baltimore County, Maryland, 1975-1978
- Chief of Admin. Services, State's Attorney's Office for Baltimore City, 1972-1975
Pro Bono Activities
- District Court Mediator, 2011 - Present
- Sigma Alpha Epsilon