If you have been charged with homicide in Rockville, Maryland, it is essential to hire an experienced criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. The homicide lawyers at Jezic & Moyse, LLC have successfully defended clients against homicide charges and know how to protect their rights aggressively.
Homicide is a serious crime that can result in life in prison or even the death penalty if you are convicted. The state of Maryland takes homicide charges very seriously, so it is essential to have an experienced criminal defense attorney on your side.
Jezic & Moyse, LLC is a team of experienced criminal defense attorneys who will tirelessly defend you against homicide charges. We understand the complexities of homicide cases and will thoroughly investigate the facts of your case to develop a strong defense. Contact us today for a free consultation.
What is a homicide in Maryland?
Under Maryland law, homicide is intentionally killing another person. Homicide can be charged as either first or second-degree murder or as manslaughter.
- First-degree murder is the most serious criminal charge and reserved for cases where the defendant premeditated the killing or committed the act during another felony. Penalties can include life in prison without the possibility of parole.
- Second-degree murder is charged when the defendant intentionally killed another person but did not premeditate the act. Penalties can include up to 40 years in prison.
- Manslaughter is charged when the defendant unintentionally kills another person while committing a crime of violence. Penalties can include up to 10 years in prison.
What to do if you are charged with homicide in Rockville, Maryland
If you are found guilty of murder, you will suffer serious consequences. In Maryland, murder is considered a crime and carries a maximum life sentence. You will be denied the ability to vote and own a gun if you are found guilty of murder.
Contacting a qualified homicide lawyer with expertise in these instances is the first step in building a powerful defense. At Jezic & Moyse, LLC, our skilled criminal defense lawyers will study your case in-depth and put out unwavering effort to develop the best possible defense on your side.
We understand the gravity of these charges and will do everything in our power to help you avoid a conviction and obtain the best possible outcome in your case. Our attorneys have extensive experience handling homicide cases and will work diligently to protect your rights and freedoms. Schedule a consultation with us today.
Possible legal defenses against homicide charges in Rockville, MD
Several possible legal defenses can be raised in homicide cases. It will depend on the facts of the case. Some possible defenses include:
- Self-defense: Maryland law allows individuals to use deadly force in self-defense if they reasonably believe they are in imminent danger of death or serious bodily harm.
- Defense of others: Maryland law also allows individuals to use deadly force in defense of others if they reasonably believe that the other person is in imminent danger of death or serious bodily harm.
- Accidental killing: An unintentional killing is not a homicide under Maryland law. If the defendant can show that the killing was accidental, they cannot be convicted of homicide.
- Insufficient evidence: The prosecution must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant is guilty to be convicted of homicide. The defendant cannot be convicted if the prosecution’s evidence is insufficient.
If charged with homicide, contact Jezic & Moyse, LLC today for a free consultation. Our experienced criminal defense attorneys will investigate the facts of your case and develop a strong defense. We have successfully defended clients against homicide charges and can help you too.
How can a Rockville homicide attorney help with your homicide charges?
A homicide attorney can help you in several ways if you have been charged with homicide.
- A Rockville homicide lawyer can help you understand the charges against you and the possible penalties you face.
- A homicide attorney in Rockville can investigate your case’s circumstances and gather evidence to help defend you.
- A Rockville homicide attorney can negotiate with prosecutors on your behalf to try to get the charges against you reduced or dismissed.
- A homicide attorney can represent you at trial and fight for a not guilty verdict.
Contact Jezic & Moyse, LLC to speak with an experienced homicide attorney in Rockville
When charged with homicide, you need a skilled defense lawyer prepared to stand up for you despite the seriousness of the charges. Our highly experienced murder attorneys at Jezic & Moyse, LLC have defended clients in Rockville and all around Maryland. We are aware of what it takes to build an effective defense and get the best result for our clients.
Contact Jezic & Moyse, LLC to schedule a consultation if you are accused of homicide. We will review the details of your case and advise you on the best course of action. Call us today at 240-292-7200 to speak with a homicide lawyer in Rockville.